NOCTURNE has extensive experience serving organizations in the nuclear power industry, providing capabilities such as:
- Management system development and support
- Business process capture, formalization and improvement
- Nuclear procedures and training
- Project information management and project support
- Quality assurance.
Clients have included:
- Major nuclear power utilities operating CANDU reactors
- Small modular reactor (SMR) companies developing innovative reactor technologies
- Technology companies developing products for the nuclear industry
- Suppliers of nuclear services.
NOCTURNE has provided services on an ad hoc, on-demand basis, operating as an outsourced documentation and records control bureau for organizations, and has supported specific projects by seconding resources to project teams. Supported projects have included:
- Contract and proposal development
- Assessments, self assessments and audits
- Regulatory Affairs support
- Full-scope simulator development
- Periodic safety review (PSR)
- Emergency mitigating equipment (EME)
- Emergency planning
- Fire protection, fire safe shutdown analysis (FSSA), and fire hazard analysis (FHA)
- ERT minimum complement analysis
- Exercise support
- Human performance improvement
- Training development and delivery
- Startup instrumentation recommissioning
- Flux detector replacement
- Reactor physics support
- Reactor restart
- Nuclear safety
- Risk and reliability
- Aging management
- Operations documentation (OpsDoc) corrective actions
- Maintenance documentation improvement
- Laboratory procedures development
- Safe operating envelope (SOE)
- Environmental monitoring and compliance
- Offsite emergency operations centres (EOCs and OEOCs)
- Management system needs analysis, development and implementation
- Documentation and records system development and implementation.
NOCTURNE continues to support nuclear organizations in Canada and the United Kingdom on a project and service-bureau basis, and can support clients worldwide. Contact us to find out how we can help your organization succeed in nuclear and other high-consequence industries.
Also visit our Q3 nuclear service portal, where we offer streamlined quality systems for small firms entering the nuclear supply chain.